Your hiking holiday in South Tyrol – nowhere else will you find more opportunities and degrees of difficulties as you would in the Merano region:
- Magnificent hiking trails lead through blossoming fruit orchards and green vineyards in the Mediterranean valley bottom from March onwards
- The alpine meadows on the Merano High mountain trail blossom from May/June with great panoramic views
- High alpine tours to lush alpine pastures and glaciers during the midsummer in the Texel Group Nature Park
- Hiking routes free of snow throughout winter on the Naturnser Sonnenberg
The Mediterranean climate and the 315 sunny days a year guarantee experiences of nature all year round.
Ten reasons to enjoy your hiking holiday at the Preidlhof:
- Hikes start directly at our hotel, taking you on well-signposted hiking routes covering all levels of difficulties. The Texel Group Nature Park begins directly behind our hotel. A variety of themed trails can be found in the immediate vicinity.
- Three to four guided hikes a week with our hiking professionals ensure diversity and that you become acquainted with the whole region. See here for our current hiking pictures.
- We have tested out our 100+ detailed tour tips ourselves – so that you are guaranteed to reach your target.
- Certified hiking guides at the hotel, regular hikers' get-togethers and our hiking info-desk promise valuable trips and insider information –the perfect inspiration for individual hikes.
- Special gourmet hiking weeks with South Tyrolean Speck (bacon) & Kaiserschmarrn (cut-up and sugared pancakes) tastings at the rustic Berghof send you on culinary voyages of discovery.
- Hiking equipment included in each room: backpack, drink bottle, hiking maps. Free rental of equipment: hiking boots, telescopic poles, rain shields.
- Shoe cleaning and drying room.
- A variety of very special themed hikes:hikes to cult sites and places of power, flower and herb hikes, wild-game exhibitions, legends' hikes, hikes to alpine farms with insights into life on the alpine pastures.
- Cable car systems in the Texel Group Nature Park ensure ascents rich in panorama for everyone wanting to reach the astounding summits in comfort – such as the Unterstell cableway, the Texelbahn cableway and the new Aschbach cableway, bringing you comfortably to the Merano high mountain trail and to the Nörderberg Mountain.
- Affordable hiking taxis allow you to familiarize yourself with the alpine pastures on both sides of the valley at ease.
Our hiking guides ensure exceptional natural experiences.
Hiking guide & herb expert
Your hiking holiday at the Preidlhof has many aspects:
Through a wonderful sea of blossom as you hike during the spring and enchanted by the scent of the Mediterranean vegetation during the summer. An incomparably beautiful play of colour can be expected too in the vineyards and fruit orchards of the Merano region during the autumn. Hiking in South Tyrol also promises: spectacular rock faces, breathtaking distant views and the pure beauty of the Texel Group Nature Park.
Is there any nicer feeling than standing on a mountain as the sun rises, feeling the cool morning air on your skin and celebrating how you conquered the mountain peak with your loved one? Lace up your hiking boots together with us and discover the diverse untouched scenery surrounding Naturno / Naturns on the hiking routes that we encounter 3 to 4 times a week and covering all degrees of difficulty. One of the most impressive natural sceneries can be found in the Texel Group Nature Park: with its Mediterranean valley bottoms, populated with chestnut groves, fruit and vineyards at 350 metres of altitude up to the high alpine meadows and glaciers of the Ortler Group at lofty heights of 3,900 metres, this jewel of the Alps combines all the regional beauty like you have never seen before. The best feature: the Texel Group – the largest nature park in South Tyrol – starts directly above our Hotel Preidlhof and offers ideal opportunities for extensive hikes, short trips and excursions into the heart of nature.
You will find secluded little places inviting you to linger and dwell on your way from hut to hut, following in Ötzi's footsteps. One of our certified hiking guides will accompany you three to four times a week on an expedition through our magnificent alpine nature and explain interesting facts about the history and culture of this unique region.
Hiking in South Tyrol – a feast for all the senses, which is especially celebrated here at the Preidlhof: discover 12 reasons that make our hiking hotel perfect for mountain enthusiasts, summiteers, indulgence hikers and nature fans.
A small selection can also be discovered right here:
- Nature & historical flower and herb hikes
- Castle hikes in the Merano region
- Rustic trails along irrigation channels to Reinhold Messner's Juval Castle
- Leisurely hikes along irrigation channels and through fruit orchards
- Hikes to our own Berghof in the Val Senales
- High alpine panoramic hikes in the Val Martello
- From lodge to lodge on the Nörderberg Mountain
- Alpine rose hikes
- Hikes on the Merano high mountain trail and into the quaint Pfossen Valley
- Sunrise hikes with meditative gymnastics
- Hikes inspired by legends on the Partschins legend’s trail
- DolceVita APP with many hiking tour tips for convenient hiking navigation with your smartphone